Look, it’s more motivation
December 7, 2012Posted by on
It’s always lovely to get some encouragement and motivation when all the pictures are in your mind, but the words come out too clumsy, too big, too wrong. A. H. Amin nominated me for the Liebster blog award, which is just a cyber you’ll-get-through-it hug and I can’t thank him enough for all his comments. You can find his book here Psychs
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
- You paste the award picture into your blog.
The 11s About Me:
1. I sleep with my Panda – a mechanical toy I got when I was about two. No, I’ll never give him up
2. When I was a kid I had a red plastic sword and fought dragons in the garden. There were quite a lot of them actually.
3. I also drank coffee – my gran would always give me a cup in the afternoons. It was full of milk, but coffee nonetheless…maybe that explains why I drink so much of it now.
4. I wanted to be Lara Croft.
5. I fell off a walnut tree into a shrub of nettles (is it called shrub?).
6. I’m scared of birds, chickens are most terrifying. Stop laughing, it’s not funny.
7. Once I have my own proper flat, I’ll make a room out of mirrors. The floor, walls, ceiling out of mirrors. I think it should be very strange, very bizarre and I just know it’ll be a source of inspiration.
8. I tried yoga once. It made me angry – the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do.
9. I read my first Pratchett at age ten. I laughed even though I didn’t completely understand it. Ten years later and it still makes me laugh, but now the reasons for my laughter are much different.
10. I’d like to learn how to fly a plane.
11. I used to go to advanced math and physics classes. I miss them terribly.
The 11 Blogs:
A. H. Amin’s Questions:
1- If they make a movie about you, who would you want to play your character?
I honestly have no idea, but I believe I’d pick a girl who just graduated drama school or something.
2- Have you ever had the same dream or same scenario in a dream? If yes, what’s the dream?
No, but I did get a sequel to a dream I had when I was a kid. It was a strange mix of a fairytale and reality, something about towers and giants, but I was tiny, enough to fit into a giant’s fist. It was nothing like Gulliver’s travels, it was more…like the woods from sleeping beauty. Unfortunately, I can’t remember anything more about it.
3- What are three things you mostly enjoy doing everyday?
Hot morning cup of coffee, reading under the covers, and thinking about the characters and plots – the hard part is finding the proper words to use
4- If you only have one year to live… what will you do?
Put a backpack on my back and travel, I’d never look back
5- What will you call your first child, and if you already have one, what will you suggest your grandchild’s name would be?
James Azrael, and my fiance’s last name, Libertine. Yeah, he has a plan and everything. If you’re interested, you can find him right here.
6- Have you ever had a life changing moment? If yes, care to share that moment?
My grandfather’s death. It’s when I decided I’d always have something to do to keep me from feeling the grief. And I still want to make him proud, he wrote stories himself. They’re either destroyed or lost, I don’t know. My family doesn’t tell me much really.
7- If you got to re-live your life from start, what will you change?
I don’t think I would. After all, everything I lived through made me who I am now. If my life was easier, I don’t know if I’d be as motivated to succeed as I am now. Who knows what would happen if I changed one minor thing?
8- You are someone who just discovered a planet, what will you name that planet?
Vogsphere! The Vogons’ planet from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (another book I grew up with)
9- Did something unexplainable or impossible have ever happened to you? What was that thing?
Well, a very improbable thing happened. If my fiance’s parents never decided to move to Eastern Europe from the US, and if he hadn’t picked the school I went to only because it kind of looked like Hogwarts, we wouldn’t have ever met. It sounds like one of those romance movies, but it did really happen.
10- You just had a middle life crisis… what do you think you’ll be doing then?
Hey, I’m only twenty, I don’t know, but I suppose I’ll maybe end up driving a motorcycle
11- You walk into a book even and suddenly, you see me… what will you say to me?
Hi, I’m Alice Brook – you know, wordpress. Yeah, this is how I look like. Now, let’s go get coffee or something :)
1. If you had to pick, what would be the quote/thought/book you lived by?
2. When did you feel most inspired?
3. Why didn’t you become what you wanted to be as a kid?
4. Who’s your role model and why?
5. What’s the story behind your name/your blog’s name?
6. Favourite fairy tale?
7. What’s the thing that you have to do, but you absolutely hate it?
8. Pick a couple of objects that define/describe your way of life
9. If you could live any time you wanted, when would that be?
10. One gadget that you can’t live without
11. One gadget that hasn’t been made, but you’d gladly use